Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Saint Padre Pio: Part Four

Well, dear friend, today, for this week, I thought I'd continue to share with you what Dorothy M. Gaudiose wrote about Padre Pio, since she worked for him for three years at his monastery in Italy. I had already told you what Dorothy said about Padre Pio's gifts of "perfume" and "conversion" and "bilocation," so now I'll go on to share with you about his gift of "miracles."

Here is what Dorothy says about St. Padre Pio's gift of miracles:

"Padre Pio [by Christ's grace] cured the blind, the crippled, the deaf and dumb, and people with all sorts of diseases. In 1923 he cured a child, Maria Pianisi of tuberculosis of the lungs. Today she is a retired school teacher. He caused a doctor to be cured of leukemia, and in gratitude the doctor became a member of Padre Pio's hospital staff. [Padre Pio had a huge, modern hospital built near his monastery.] Padre Pio cured a child, Gemma DiGiorgio from Sicily, of blindness. A young woman now, she can see without having pupils in her eyes. [Dorothy gave me two photos of Gemma which I still have. One is of Gemma as a child and one as an adult.]

"Whenever Padre Pio accomplished one of those astonishing cures," continued Dorothy, "he said, 'God has granted you this grace. Address your thanks to Him and not to me.' Although Padre Pio was well aware of his power, he never allowed it to impair his humility."

So, my dear friend, do you need a miracle today? Look up and say to Saint Padre Pio, "Would you please do your best to obtain this miracle for me from Jesus?" Or send your request to Padre Pio via your holy Guardian Angel who has never left you since you were born and who will never leave you until you reach Heaven. Have a great day, my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers