Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Saint Padre Pio and Saint Faustina of the Divine Mercy

Well, my dear friend, up until today I have shared with you only about my dearest Saint friend, Saint Padre Pio, because Jesus has done, and continues to do, so much for me through St. Pio. But since I have also researched the life of Saint Faustina of the Divine Mercy and written and published a book about her (publisher: The Word Among Us Press), and because she, too, has done and continues to do so much for me (by God's grace, of course), I would like to begin to share with you St. Faustina's words too. (I will also include words of St. Padre Pio each time, of course.)

St. Faustina was--and is--such a humble soul. She served the Lord in the most lowly positions as a nun in various convents in Poland at the beginning of the 20th Century. Jesus appeared to her many times as The Divine Mercy and told her to tell everyone--you included, my dear friend--that He is waiting to forgive each and every one of us, no matter what we have done. He wants to draw us close to His Divine Heart. He told St. Faustina to tell each of us that we should "snuggle" against His Heart where we would always find comfort and His "unfathomable" love. God IS Love and Mercy. Amen.

St. Padre Pio, too, spoke often of God's Mercy, and Saint Augustine said that mercy is the number-one characteristic of God. So take heart, my dear friend. There is Someone who loves you unconditionally. Just "snuggle" against His Divine Heart at all times. Now, here are some words of comfort for you from Saint Faustina:

"Today, the love of God is transporting me into the other world. I am all immersed in love; I love and feel that I am loved, and with full consciousness I experience this. My soul is drowning in the Lord, realising the great Majesty of God and my own littleness; but through this knowledge my happiness increases. . . . This awareness is so vivid in the soul, so powerful and, at the same time, so sweet." (Diary, page 538)

And here are some words of love from Saint Padre Pio too: "Dear God, how happy is the interior kingdom when this holy Love reigns within it! How blessed are the faculties of the soul when they obey so wise a King!" (Letters 3, page 506)

Allow yourself to be drawn into the Heart of Christ where you will find comfort and joy and peace, my dear friend.

1 comment:

Followers