Wednesday, August 18, 2010

You Cost Him Too Much That He Should Abandon You

I want to share with you just a short message today, my dear friend, because it is so essential for all of us, myself included. I often feel as if I am so weak and unholy that Jesus cannot possibly love me and save me. Do you ever feel that way? Sometimes I'm not even aware that I feel that way about myself, but then it will surface, and it can be quite discouraging, to say the least. Do you ever feel that way? Well, if and when you do, here is something to give you hope:

According to Father Alessio Parente, OFM, Capuchin, a close friend and "bodyguard" of Saint Padre Pio during our Padre's last years, "Once a poor sinner came to Padre Pio and said, 'Padre, I have sinned too much. I have no further hope.' But the good Padre replied, 'You cost Him too much that He should abandon you.' This doubt in the Lord, because of our sins, is a temptation which the devil is only too pleased to place in our hearts. We must reject this temptation with all our might, in the firm conviction that Jesus is our Father and, as such, will never leave us. He waits for His Prodigal Children to return to Him and is already preparing the Feast for all." (page 148 in Fr. Alessio Parente's book called Padre Pio, Our Good Samaritan)

Amen!

(Just a little note: I corresponded with Father Alessio Parente when I was seeking permission to quote Saint Padre Pio's words from his letters in the books I wrote. I consider Fr. Alessio to be a Saint, along with my dear friends Dorothy M. Gaudiose and Mary Pyle, who both worked for Saint Padre Pio during his lifetime. You, too, my dear friend, can be God's Saint! Never fear.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers