Wednesday, November 3, 2010

In the Hollow of His Hand

According to Saint Faustina, who many times saw Christ appear to her as The Divine Mercy (see my book Praying with Faustina from The Word Among Us Press), the Lord carries us "in the hollow of His hand," (see St. Faustina's Diary, page 456), so we--even though we are sinners--can put all our trust in Him and He will take care of us. In fact, Jesus said to Saint Faustina, "I am Love and Mercy Itself. There is no misery that could be a match for My mercy, neither will misery exhaust it, because as it is being granted--it increases. The soul that trusts in My mercy is most fortunate, because I Myself take care of it." (Diary, page 459)

Yes, it is true that God takes care of the soul that trust in His mercy. So trust in Him, my friend, no matter what trials and sicknesses and hardships afflict you. He will indeed take care of you.

But then you say to me that you have put your trust in God and still your troubles and trials and sicknesses persist. Well, then let's see what Saint Padre Pio says: "Take heart, my dear child, and do not fear because Jesus is with you and what you are bearing is a loving trial from His paternal Heart." (see Padre Pio's Letters, Volume 3, page 219; you could also see my many published books about Saint Padre Pio at Our Sunday Visitor, The Word Among Us Press, and Pauline Books & Media)

A loving trial from His paternal Heart? So if God is allowing your distressing situation to persist, in spite of all your efforts to solve any troubles in your life, just take a deep breath and rest in His loving Heart and hands. After all, what Saint Faustina said about herself also applies to you and to your loved ones too: ". . . the Lord Himself is carrying me in the hollow of His hand. He, Lord of unfathomable mercy. . . ." (Saint Faustina's Diary, page 456)

He is Mercy and Love. Yes. "Therefore," says Saint Padre Pio to you, my dear friend, "live tranquilly. You must not be anxious, however long this evil lasts." (Padre Pio's Letters, Volume 3, p. 714)

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers