Thursday, August 25, 2011

Your Prayers are Perfume for God

Hello, my dear friend. Perhaps you’ve been feeling burdened? You can give those burdens to Jesus, you know, but don’t take my word for it. Let me share Saint Padre Pio’s words with you, his encouragement, because the words of Padre Pio, the famous stigmatist-priest, never go out of date; they can always lift up your spirit and speak to your heart and soul. Like the precious eternal all-powerful words of Holy Scripture, the words of all of God’s holy Saints echo His truths to us. But before I share with you some of Saint Pio’s words let me begin with The Truth, the Word of God:
“…in any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of
facing plenty and hunger, abundance and want. I can do all
things in Him who strengthens me. …my God will supply every
need of yours according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
(Philippians 4:12-19)
Now, for Saint Padre Pio’s words for you today: “I tell you,” says Padre Pio, “Let not your heart be troubled, as Jesus Himself said. Yes, do not let your heart be troubled in the hour of trial, because Jesus has promised His real assistance to those who follow Him. Therefore, remember Jesus when you are in the hour of trial. Turn to Him and you will always obtain relief, gaining and singing external victory.” (Saint Padre Pio’s Letters, Volume 3)
Let me end with one more bit of encouragement for you, which I just found in my friend Dorothy Gaudiose’s book, Prophet of the People, on page 165. Dorothy was my close friend and worked for Padre Pio for three years at his monastery in Italy. Here are a few of his words that Dorothy recorded in her book: “Prayer must be insistent inasmuch as insistence denotes faith. The prayers of the Saints in Heaven and of just souls on earth are perfume that will never fade.”

There—your prayers, my dear friend in Christ, are perfume for our dear Lord Jesus. I can smell the sweet aroma rising as you lift your heart to Him. He loves you, and so do I. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers