Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Your Holy Guardian Angel Wants to Help You

Last week I wrote to you on Saint Padre Pio’s Feast Day, so I thought that this week I would continue to quote his letters, since they would be of greatest help to you, my dear friend whom I love. Because Padre Pio taught me so much about my Holy Guardian Angel and how my Angel wants me to speak to him and ask him to help me, I thought you might benefit from St. Padre Pio’s own words about his own Guardian Angel. His experiences can inspire you to turn to your own Guardian Angel—everyone has one, you know—and rely on your Angel to help you in all of life’s circumstances. God has given each of us a Holy Guardian Angel.
“On Saturday,” wrote St. Padre Pio in his Letters, Volume 1, “I turned to my Angel and after he had kept me waiting a while, there he was, hovering close to me, singing hymns to the Divine Majesty in his angelic voice. There followed one of the usual scenes; I rebuked him bitterly for having kept me waiting so long when I had not failed to call him to my assistance. To punish him, I did not want to look him in the face, I wanted to get away, to escape from him. But he, poor creature, caught up with me almost in tears and held me until I raised my eyes to his face and found him all upset. Then he said, ‘I am always close to you, my beloved young man. I am always hovering around you with the affection aroused by your gratitude to the Beloved of your heart. This affection of mine will never end, not even when you die. I know that your generous heart beats all the time for the One we both love; you would cross every mountain and every desert in search of Him, to see Him again, to embrace Him again in these extreme moments.…’”
You, my friend whom I love, have a Holy Guardian Angel, just like Saint Padre Pio has. Turn to that Angel; ask him to make known to you his presence in some special way. I know he will help you and be your best friend. Jesus has sent him to you.
And please know that I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers