Saturday, October 22, 2011

What Do You Do?

October 21, 2011

So, today I thought I’d share my thoughts with you about finding out your loved one has cancer, or some other life-threatening illness. What do you do? Well, that’s what happened to me today. So perhaps it has happened to you, too, and perhaps my thoughts would help you? I hope so. What is my source of hope and strength? First, God’s Word, so let me share with you one of my favorite verses from the Bible: "No temptation [or testing] has taken you but such as is common to humankind. But God is faithful and will not allow you to suffer beyond that which you are able to bear, but will, with the temptation [or test] make a way for you to escape so that you may be able to bear it." I love that verse which Saint Paul gave to us. Of course he God’s Holy Spirit was speaking the truth through Saint Paul, so we can completely trust that what God has said in that verse, God will do for us. Therefore, whatever you are facing today—or tomorrow or whenever—God will give you the grace and strength and love to bear it. Never fear. Never. And here is a second favorite Scripture verse of mine for you: "All things work together for the good for those who love the Lord and are called according to His purposes." But perhaps I’ve already shared that one with you? Nevertheless, it is God’s promise to you that ALL things will work together for good in your life. So simply trust Him.
Now, for Saint Padre Pio’s encouragement for you, please read the following which I took from his Letters, Volume Two: “Do not give way to sadness, for the Lord is with you always. Aren’t you in the Hands of Divine Providence, a fonder Mother than we can ask for or imagine? Take heart, then,” says Saint Padre Pio to you, my dear friend, “for Jesus will not leave you for a single instant.” Amen!
I will return next week, God willing, with some more encouraging words for you from God’s Word and from Saint Padre Pio’s letters. In the meantime, as Padre Pio always said, “Pray, hope, and don’t worry.” Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers