Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Do Not Halt Halfway on Your Journey, My Friend

Dear friend, you are such a wonderful soul, I want you to take encouragement today from Saint Padre Pio's words to you:

"The knowledge of God's plan for you must serve, on the one hand, to arouse gratitude in the depths of your soul towards so good a Father, so that you may give continual and heartfelt thanks to your heavenly Benefactor. You should unite your praise to that of Mary Most Holy and Immaculate, of the Angels, and of all the blessed inhabitants of the Heavenly Jerusalem. On the other hand, this knowledge must serve as an incentive to lay aside all fear and not come to a halt halfway on your journey, because of the sufferings and trials which must be endured if you are to reach the end of this extremely long road.

"The Lord has allowed me to show you all these things chiefly to prevent you from any uncertainty as you travel this road. Run, then, without growing weary, and may the Lord direct and guide your steps so that you may not fall. Make haste, I tell you, for the road is long and time is very short. Run, let us all run so that at the end of our journey we may say with the holy apostle, 'I am already on the point of being sacrificed, the time of my departure has come. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith' [2Timothy 4:6-7]." (Letters 2, pages 316-317)

May God richly bless you, my dear friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers