Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Scripture to Sustain You

Of course the entire Bible is the Word of God and used by the Holy Spirit to inspire and uphold and comfort you, my dear friend, but in my reading Saint Padre Pio's letters, I discovered he had favorites that he often quoted. Let me please share a few of them with you so that you can take strength and comfort from them too.

"No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it." (1 Corinthians 10:13) No matter what the evil one, the world assails you with, my dear friend, don't worry; Jesus will never fail you!

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28) "All things" means ALL THINGS, my dear friend, even your pain, your suffering, your misery.

"I now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ, for the sake of His body, which is the church. . . ." (Colossians 1:24) Yes, offer your sufferings, no matter what form they take, to the Lord as prayer; He will accept them and use them for the salvation of souls.

Your sister in Christ,
Eileen Dunn Bertanzetti

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers