Friday, April 2, 2010

My Yoke is Easy, My Burden is Light

Are you carrying a heavy load, my dear friend? Let Saint Padre Pio's words lighten that load for you: "May Jesus enable you to appreciate more and more, along with all the souls who love Him with a sincere and pure heart, His most loving invitation, 'My yoke is easy and my burden is light.' [Matthew 11:30] May this most tender invitation of the Divine Master console you in this trial. . . . It can truly be said that your new state is a most singular favor of the Lord, a favor that He usually grants only to those strong souls who, in His mercy, He holds most dear.
"Rejoice then, along with me, at this outstanding benevolence of our good God. Oh how delightful and consoling it is to know that without any merit of our own, this most tender Father has raised us to such high dignity. Oh, open your heart to this Father, the most loving of fathers, and let Him act freely within you. Let us not be stingy with One who enriches us even too much, whose generosity is endless and knows no limits." (Letters 2, page 385)

Here is my prayer for you, my dear friend, from Saint Padre Pio: "May the Holy Spirit sanctify you more and more, make you worthy of greater charisms, and make you a most chaste spouse of the Son of God. Amen." (Letters 2, page 384)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers